Monday 26 October 2009

I LOVE Scotland!!








So Thursday night I slept for about and hour and a half and then had to wake up to go to the airport at 3:30 am. I was so tired it was miserable trying to get up and go, but it was all worth it. So I meet Breck, Thea, Mitch, Annalisa, and Elizabeth in the lobby of York House and we are off to our journey. We make our way down to the bus station and take a bus up to Gatwick. So we get to the airport and were in a slight rush because it said that we needed to be at the gate at 6:20 and it was currently 6. As we were waiting in security they were doing a "random" check to someone and it just so happened to be what looked like a 3 year old. The 3 year old was screaming for its mom and just going nuts. This caused the line to be delayed and soon enough I had 5 minutes to get to the gate. I booked it to the gate, but turns out when I got to the gate we waited another 20 minutes so I was fine. We all got on the plane and I pass out immediately. I was in dire need of sleep. I woke up right after we landed and we all got our stuff and found the bus to get to the hostel. We got off at a random point in the city and were lost for a little while, but made our way to the hostel. We stayed at Budget Backpacker, which was incredible. I loved that hostel, all of the workers were so nice and everyone was just so cool. All of us were starving because we had been awake for 8 hours at that point and we couldn't go in our room until noon, so we ate at this place called Biddy Mulligans. So going into this trip I was convinced the English just knew how to bastardize every type of food ever, but the Scottish can top them easy. Granted the full meal we had was only £4, still it was awful, but it cured my hunger. We then got our hostel at noon and passed out for a couple hours. We all woke up and had no idea what to do so we asked the guy at the desk what would be fun and he told us about Arthur's Seek. We made our way over to this mountain and it was one of the coolest things that I have ever seen in my life. After we got back from hiking down the mountain we were all pretty hungry and needed to find pregaming materials, so we wandered around the city looking for some cheap food/beer. We managed to find this place that relatively cheap drinks and then for dinner we got some pizza that was super cheap. A large cheese pizza was only £3. So we got the food and hung out at the place for a little while and then decided to go back to the hostel to pregame. We planned on going on a pub crawl that the hostel had planned, but we weren't drunk enough at the time of the pub crawl so we just decided to do our own thing. We went to this one bar were the bartenders were complete dicks. They were talking to Thea and Annalisa and I went to order and drink and they wouldn't serve me. I was telling them how I knew both of them and they were still both being complete jerks. There was also a bunch of old people at the bar and it was not very fun. We went to the bar next door and that one was a little better. We didn't stay for long though we ended up joining some pub crawl and going to this retarded club with them. It was free so we couldn't complain. For some reason I just decided to leave on my own, I think I was being a little grumpy because of severe lack of sleep, but I went back into the club after I left because I was the only one with a key so I had to stay with the group. After the night was over the next day we all realized that the first night wasn't really that fun because we were all so tired and being grumpy. The next day we woke up and went on the walking tour that the hostel provided. We went to the cemetery where JK Rowling found names for her characters, walked down the Royal Mile and then went up this hill to see some gorgeous views of the city. We kind of got left behind on the tour towards the end because we were taking so long, but whatever we ran into these guys passing our free Linds chocolate, and we all got so much of it. After the tour we went to an Indian food buffet for only £6. It was so good for the price. We hung out there for a while then as we were walking home we saw a sex shop next door and went in there. It was disturbing some of the videos that they had in there things I wish I never saw. We woke up from the nap and went on a tour of the Underground City that was built over and not discovered until the 1970s. It had been abandoned for 200 years. The place was supposed to be haunted because at one point there was people cooked to death in the chambers because they were trapped in there when there was a fire and the stone heated up that the chamber was made of and baked them. So one of the chambers had a stone circle in the middle and we were told not to touch it or cross into the circle at all because it was possessed. So after everyone was leaving I decided to jump in the circle and do a little dance. It was hilarious, but then we went into the next room which was supossedly the most haunted room of all, and I swear to god I saw a ghost. I got really scared and booked it to get out of there when the tour was over. I ran and they were giving away free shots of whiskey and I downed it as fast as possible. I was seriously so scared. Thea even came out and was crying like full on tears, it was kind of hilarious. So we left and no one believed that I saw anything, but I promise I did. So after that we went to Baguette Express because it was so cheap. Then we went back and took a nap because we were so tired from walking around all day. We woke up and all got ready to go on the Pub Crawl because we actually wanted to go to some good places because we failed last night. So we went to this bar called the OZ bar and hung out there for what seemed like forever. The pub crawl would have been better if it moved a little quicker. We then went to a few more bars after that and in the end went to a club called Espionage. It was super sick and had like 5 different levels. Elizabeth went to hunt for leader of the pub crawl because she thought he was hot for some reason. He was this Canadian dude from Sasquatchenin (?) and had a funky accent. So we lost Elizabeth and ended up searching for her for like 2 hours. Turns out she had just gone back to the hostel and we wasted our time. Thea and I talked to the guy at the hostel desk for a while too. He was from Australia and had just up and moved to Scotland it was really cool. Saturday we had to wake up early because we needed to check out of the hostel at 10. That morning we were the reason why people hate hostels. For about an hour we were loud and the other people must have wanted to kill us. So we checked out and stored our luggage. Then we went to the cafe where JK Rowling had started to write the first Harry Potter book. It was so cool I am almost positive that I sat in the same table as she did to look out the windows and write the book. We sat there for a long time, I drank some really good hot chocolate and then we discovered a drawer where everyone stuck napkins in that they had written on. We read through some of them and some of them were super funny and some were super lame. After we left the cafe we decided to go to the movies. What we discovered is that it takes us forever to get anywhere and we got side tracked so easily all the time. Finally we made it to the movie theater and saw the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox. This movie was freaking weird, but super funny. We then were trying to kill some time and found this pretty cool looking pub with really cheap food. They had couches to sit on and pretty cool music to listen to. I ended up ordering fish and chips, but really it was fish sticks and chips. Everyone's food turned out to be pretty awful and the waiter was a dick, but it was still a cool place to hang out. We then got on the bus went to the airport, hung out there waiting and got home. We took the train back to school and then as soon as we got back we surprised Elizabeth for her birthday. Funny story, so a couple nights ago this girl Krissy who has the same birthday as mine decided to change both our birthdays on facebook to Sunday to try and steal the thunder from Elizabeth's birthday. We did it drunkenly and thought it was hilarious, but some people took it serious and thought it was our birthday. These 2 girls Melanie and Katherine were going to wake Krissy up and sing her happy birthday with a surprise. Krissy felt so bad, but I thought it was hilarious. Anyways we ended up going to Audio that night again, and Elizabeth got her phone and camera stolen. Today I went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen with Mike and his parents. I do not know where the heck Mike came from he is nothing like either of his parents, but it was cool. Got a free burger out of it. Then I came back today chilled for a while with Jake and Mitch and then randomly saw Thea, Elizabeth and Mellisa and they all came and hung out in my room for like 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers