Saturday 26 September 2009

Getting School Done, while still having fun!!!


So the next Saturday I had was pretty boring as well, I did nothing really all day then I worked on finishing up my presentation for about 6 hours. I had managed to finish all of it by 2 am. It turned out to be really relieving to have of that done and I had about 4 days to completely focus on my essay. Sunday I started to focus on my essay, but was easily distracted. I ended up going to a comedy club called Komedia, and the 3 acts that performed were hilarious. One of my favorite jokes was “Do you think a narcissistic pedophile wanks it to pictures of himself as a baby?” I was dying laughing. I ordered a pitcher of beer there too, and they are nothing like the ones in the US. There was like 6 pints in this pitcher compared to the ones in the US where there is only 40oz. I also got a pitcher of Long Island Iced Teas, which was headies. Then as doing what has become somewhat of a routine for me I went to Kebab No. 5. I am absolutely in love with that place. It rivals some of the late night food in Amherst. Joao and I wanted to go out to a club, but since it was Sunday night nothing was really going on. We ended up going home and hanging out in the 3rd floor kitchen continuing our drinking there until about 2 am. The next day I was working on my essay even more, but still didn’t finish it. I went to Asda and went grocery shopping and yet again Joao says one of the funniest things I have ever heard. We went to McDonalds and as we were leaving he sees a clearly mentally disabled person eating ice cream and wearing a helmet. He then tells me “Hey I didn’t know it was so dangerous eating ice cream.” I almost died laughing, and the worse part about it was we were like 30 ft from them. That night I kept it low key, but then the following night we went back to karaoke. I didn’t realize that I drank so much, but apparently I went to help all the Americans sing “Closing Time” because this was the end of the Sussex in September program. Yet again after that we went to Kebab No. 5, which was legit as usual. The next day I finished my essay and was ready to go crazy, but it seemed kind of lame because everyone else had yet to finish their work. I found my party buddy Joao and we ended up going out with a decently sized group of people. We went to Oceana and when we got there I swear we were like the only people there at that point it was kind of weird. Soon though the dance floor began to fill up. We spent about the first hour in the Ski Lodge and had £2 beers until midnight. Then we went to the Ice Room and the 80s room for the rest of the night. At the end of the night we went to Kebab No. 5 again. I think the guy is starting to know my name. So the last night of the Sussex in September program was here. They had a leaving dinner with FREE BEER. It was awesome. So since we had all the free beer we were all good and ready to go out to a club. I really wanted to go to Digital, but for some reason every time I want to go to a specific club here it is closed this is the 3rd time it’s happened. I don’t get why they are closed on random nights. So we went to Oceana again. I am kind of already getting over that place. I want to see more than just that in Brighton. It was still a great time though. I went home a little early. Then the next day I woke up and Mitch and I went into town and ate at this sick burger place called Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It was crazy too, the cashier there was from Long Beach so he was all excited when he saw my license. We then left and I went and got some sick gear at Primark for mad cheap. We then tried to find this Milkshake place called “Shakeaway” with bomb ass shakes. It took a little while, but I was able to and I got a Reese’s Cup shake, which was headies. I then came home and watched TV for like 8 hours, then I booked my flight to Amsterdam. I am SOOOO excited to go to Amsterdam it is not even comprehendible. Now today is the start of Fresher’s Week and it is going to be insane so stayed tuned for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers